Wednesday, January 20, 2010

California Weather??

I miss California a lot, especially during the winter!! I love the California warm weather and I really can never get enough of it. So who would have thought California could have had the weather that it did yesterday? I had a free moment at work so I thought I'd check Facebook. All of my California friends had a status about a tornado and flooding. I immediately called my mom to see what the heck this was all about. She said that the tornado had just hit the Seal Beach area and that the Pier, Main Street and PCH in Huntington Beach had been evacuated. I was just waiting for her to tell me she was being evacuated since she is about a mile from those areas. I then talked to my sister and she sent me a message saying that there were people kayaking down the middle of the street in Long Beach because the streets were so flooded. I think for the first time in my life I was grateful for the 37 degree weather and snow in my life :) Here are a few pictures of Seal Beach and Long Beach yesterday. All of the captions under the pictures are from the Press Telegram. Click HERE to see more pictures of kayakers, people trying to "surf" the flood, and the 710 fwy.
A Ford Explorer parked in the Peter's Landing Shopping Center in Huntington Beach was tossed by strong winds or possibly a tornado, coming to a rest on its side on Tuesday.Jerry Bridges uses his canoe to check on his wife's car in the 900 block of Bennett Ave. in Long Beach, Calif. on January 19, 2010.High storm waves roll over the pier at Seal Beach, Calif., Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2010,as the second in a series of back-to-back winter storms surged into the state and renewed threats of mudslides and flooding

4 comments:

Ba and Scott said...

This climate change stuff is crazy! Glad your family is safe.

Nunnally Family said...

They say that today is supposed to be the worst of it all...I dont know how it can get much worse than Tuesday when there were 7 tornados! Wish us luck!

Kayla said...

There is definitely something to be said about the safety of the mountains. I feel very safe in Utah. Okay, maybe we're on a huge earthquake fault that is overdue, but we're not going to drop into the ocean!

Ashlee Garn said...

WOW! Yeah, I've always been terrified of Tornados and I've never even seen one! The one that happened to come to Utah...I was way down south on a Family Vaca. THANK GOODNESS!