Monday, August 23, 2010

Masters Swim Team

My friend and co-worker, Chelsea, started working for my company again this past week.  Not only do I have a ton of fun with her, but I love swimming with her!  But as a warning...don't ever play water polo with her.  She plays SO dirty!  ;) Love ya Chels!  Chelsea was telling me about a Masters Swim Team that she has recently joined, which I thought sounded like a ton of fun.  After hearing all about it I asked her if I could crash her party and join also. As of right now I'm swimming in Kerns 3 days a week for an hour, but as soon as the Orem program starts in September I'll be swimming 5 days a week for an hour and a half.  It's a HUGE butt kicker, but it feels so great to be back in the water again!  Now I just need to get my shoulders up to par and things will be so much better!  After pulling about 1000 yards this morning, my shoulders are wanting to kill me!  Guess its time to start doing some major shoulder workouts on days that I'm not swimming

1 comment:

Jessica said...

that's awesome, i remember the end of my first year in college i got in the pool to do a 500...ya that didnt' go ever well at all and i was so mad at myself for not swimming in college...swimming is SOOOOOOO good for the body...i'm already jealous of the calories you'll be burning! have fun!
p.s.i found a new mud run it's either around lake elsinor or lake paris-i can't remember. it's only 5miles but looks sooooo fun. it's called the gladiator mud run, you should look it up...there is one sept. 25th of the year and the next one is in march i believe, i'll be at that one i hope!