I have a co-worker, Michael, who has a brother in Michigan that has a brain tumor and is going through some really hard times right now. Since we are a CareMore family, Michael will every so often send us updates on his brother and ask us to keep his family in our thoughts and prayers. Michael is someone in the department that everyone knows and loves.
Christa and I were talking about Michael and how we wished there was something we could do for him and/or his family. Christa came up with the brilliant idea to send Michael to Michigan to see his brother. Right then Christa and I sat down and wrote out an email to send out to the department. We wanted to surprise Michael with this gift so we made sure the department kept it a secret.
After two weeks of collecting money, we raised $840 for the "Send Michael to Michigan Fund." I love themed baskets so we spent some money to put one together and then had an envelope of $790 in cash for him for his plane ticket and other travel expenses.
Below are pictures that tell the story of us giving Michael the basket and money. There was not one dry eye from anyone that was around and watching what was going on.
![]() |
| Walking up and telling Michael not to take a call. He knew something was going on when we walked up and then all of a sudden there was a crowd around his desk |
![]() |
| I'm explaining what we did and showing him the envelope that had $790 cash in it |
![]() |
| His reaction |
![]() |
| Michael giving hugs and thanks. I had kept it together until this point. No one in our department deserves this more than Michael |
![]() |
| There was not one dry eye around. |







No comments:
Post a Comment