activities. My dad invited me to go on their last trip and I loved it!! We all met in Nevada and canoed 6 miles down the Colorado River. We started at the Hoover Dam and my first canoe buddy was Justin. We had a lot of fun and it was awesome to get to spend some time with him since I don't see him very often.Our first stop was about 100 yards down the river. We stopped at this Sauna cave and that is sure what it was. We walked in about 2 feet and started sweating it was so bad. It was almost to the point where it was really hard to breath. Some people couldn't handle it and didn't even go in all the way. I tried to take a picture in the cave, but my lens fogged up instantly. After the cave, I went back to my canoe and changed my shoes for a 1.5 mile hike. I would actually call most of it a climb instead of a hike. At parts of this hike we actually had to use rope to get up onto the next rock.
I would post a picture of me climbing one of the rocks, but I don't have all the pictures yet, so I'll just post what I have. At the top of this hike we came to two hot springs that were really nice. We all swam around there and then hiked back down to our canoes. After our hike and having lunch we headed down to where we were going to camp for the night. The river was really fast that day for some reason so we had to go through some rapids where I thought for sure Justin and I were going to tip. It was pretty hilarious watching Justin fly up in the air and then come down and have a whole bunch of 52
degree water come over the front of the canoe right onto Justin's lap. I was really happy to be in the back of the canoe at that point :) After we got everything set up at camp we went cliff jumping. I think we decided the cliff was between about 30-40 feet and it was a blast to jump off of. The water was freezing and I lost my breath when I hit the water, but the jump was fun! I don't have the picture of me jumping, but here is some of us waiting for our turns to jump. After jumping into the freezing cold water we went to some hot springs that were REALLY hot. They were almost too hot. It took me forever to get more than just my feet in because of how hot they
were. It was nice just to sit, relax, and enjoy everyones company though. We didn't last long in this hot spring because of the heat so we headed back to camp not long after.
I would post a picture of me climbing one of the rocks, but I don't have all the pictures yet, so I'll just post what I have. At the top of this hike we came to two hot springs that were really nice. We all swam around there and then hiked back down to our canoes. After our hike and having lunch we headed down to where we were going to camp for the night. The river was really fast that day for some reason so we had to go through some rapids where I thought for sure Justin and I were going to tip. It was pretty hilarious watching Justin fly up in the air and then come down and have a whole bunch of 52
degree water come over the front of the canoe right onto Justin's lap. I was really happy to be in the back of the canoe at that point :) After we got everything set up at camp we went cliff jumping. I think we decided the cliff was between about 30-40 feet and it was a blast to jump off of. The water was freezing and I lost my breath when I hit the water, but the jump was fun! I don't have the picture of me jumping, but here is some of us waiting for our turns to jump. After jumping into the freezing cold water we went to some hot springs that were REALLY hot. They were almost too hot. It took me forever to get more than just my feet in because of how hot they
were. It was nice just to sit, relax, and enjoy everyones company though. We didn't last long in this hot spring because of the heat so we headed back to camp not long after. The next day we woke up bright and early to do a hike to some petroglyphs, which were really cool.
I see pictures of petroglyphs all the time with the kind of work I'm in, but I've never actually seen a petroglyph in person before. I am amazed at how far back these go and how you can still see them on the rocks. On the way back from our hike we stopped to do some bouldering. I didnt do any because I got rocks in my shoes, that I was wearing with no socks, so they kept rubbing the bottom of my feet to give me blisters. Luckily that was the last hike of the day/trip or else I would have been disappointed! We had 3 miles to canoe the second day, so after the hike we packed up and headed down the river. 
The trip was a lot of fun and I cant wait to do it again!! Thanks so much to the Seacliff Ward for letting me tag along! It was an awesome trip and I met some really nice people. Cant wait to come home and visit!
I see pictures of petroglyphs all the time with the kind of work I'm in, but I've never actually seen a petroglyph in person before. I am amazed at how far back these go and how you can still see them on the rocks. On the way back from our hike we stopped to do some bouldering. I didnt do any because I got rocks in my shoes, that I was wearing with no socks, so they kept rubbing the bottom of my feet to give me blisters. Luckily that was the last hike of the day/trip or else I would have been disappointed! We had 3 miles to canoe the second day, so after the hike we packed up and headed down the river. 
The trip was a lot of fun and I cant wait to do it again!! Thanks so much to the Seacliff Ward for letting me tag along! It was an awesome trip and I met some really nice people. Cant wait to come home and visit!
1 comment:
Wonderful pictures, sounds like you had a blast.
Post a Comment