There is a running store here called 26.2, that I just got to experience for the first time. The store is newer (at least it is in Provo) and it is awesome!! I don't think I'll buy a pair of running shoes at another store, as long as I'm living in Utah.
When you get to the store, they have you put on a pair of regular running shoes and do whats called a Gait Analysis. The Gait Analysis is a system they use to help overpronators find a shoe that supports their foot and keeps it aligned with the rest of their body, eliminating torsional stresses and reducing pain, fatigue and injury. When I first did the test, I was overpronating 8% on my right foot and 7% on my left foot. With these WONDERFUL new shoes that I purchased, I am only overpronating 2% on my right foot and 5% on my left foot. The average person pronates around 2%-7%. The picture below is an example of the before (on the left) and the after (on the right). After getting my new shoes I was SO excited to go on a run and test the babies out. I absolutely love my new shoes!! I am even more excited that they are Nike so I can get the Ipod sport kit and sensor to track my pace and mileage on my runs!

4 comments:
Okay...at first, I had NO IDEA what you were talking about but the picture tells it all! LOL That's super cool...how much were your shoes?
Ya, I put the picture so people would understand what I was talking about :) The shoes were $100.
That's freaking COOL!!! Wish I was a runner! Dang asthma!
Wow that is great!
Post a Comment