Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Katie's Bachelorette Party

I have never thrown a Bachelorette Party before, so I was really worried about being Katie's Maid of Honor and having that responsibility. After throwing Katie's this weekend, I would do it again in a heart beat! I had a lot of fun "planning" the whole thing and I've never been so organized in my life about anything! All Katie wanted was a relaxing and fun weekend away, so there wasn't much that I really had to plan. Hence my "planning."

Friday night 5 out of the 10 of us arrived at the Hyatt in Downtown San Diego. We didn't have anything planned that night, other than arriving and getting settled. I did that on purpose, not knowing exactly what time we'd be getting to the hotel. After we all arrived at the hotel, we thought we'd go exploring :) We really liked what we were seeing, so we could wait for the next day when everything was open. .

Doing some exploring of the hotel
Saturday we woke up to a beautiful view of San Diego. I think we got the best side of the hotel for sure. After having a little breakfast we headed down to the gym. This hotel had the biggest and nicest gym I'm ever seen in a hotel before. I love working out with Katie, because we both really push each other! After a nice gym session, that we were both really sore from, it was pool time! We had our own little corner at the pool, which made the pool even nicer. We all had a great time just waiting for more people to show up, laughing and having lunch poolside.
The view from our 31st floor room.   Katie is getting married just to the right of this

Hanging out by the pool


After a nice relaxing afternoon at the pool it was time to get ready for dinner and going out that night. We had so much fun out at dinner and going dancing! We got into all of the clubs for free since it was Katie's bachelorette party. It was SO awesome!

Getting ready to go out
Everyone having their first shot of the night.  Don't worry, my shot is WATER! I was going to take the picture, but the girls really wanted me in it, so the bartender gave me a shot of water.  Got to love it!


A couple of the bridesmaids

All in all I think the weekend went well!  We all had such a fun time together!  Now let the countdown begin until Miss Katelynn Stevens is Mrs. Katelynn Natale!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

That sounds so fun! When I was 9, I went with some family friends down to San Diego (whenever the SD Temple was having their open house) and we stayed at the Hyatt. I couldn't believe how nice it was and the pool was HUGE!