I look forward to the Seacliff Ward Canoe Trip every year. Its such a fun 2 day trip. We canoe 12 miles in 2 days, go on hikes, cliff jump, and relax in the hot springs. It's actually a pretty relaxing trip for the most part.
This year was a little more of an adventure than all of the other years because of animals. I've never brought a tent and have slept under the stars every year, but this year I was wishing for a tent. The few people who had tents actually got some sleep. When we first got to camp, I went to set up camp where I have slept for the past 3 years and there were red ants everywhere. We finally found a spot that didn't have very many spots and set up camp. After we were all set up it was dinner time. As we were all sitting around the campfire my dad got bit 3 times, but we weren't sure exactly what it was. Then I got bit 4 times, and man they hurt!! We still aren't sure if they were flying ants, wasps, or some other flying bug that bites. Our next animal adventure was a skunk. We got to deal with the skunk coming in and our of our camp all night long, walking over some of the girls, hitting the girl sleeping next to me with his tail, and him trying to get into our bags.
Besides our animal adventures and no sleep, the trip was a lot of fun! We were a really small group this year, which was awesome because we all got to know each other more and it made the trip a little more relaxed.
 |
| Me and Julie, my canoe partner before leaving the Hoover Dam |
 |
| Hanging out at our first stop |
 |
| The Ward's who went on the trip. We missed you Justin! |
 |
On our way back from our first hike. This is by
far the best hike of the trip. |
 |
| Leaving the first hike and heading down the river to have lunch |
 |
| I love my sister! |
 |
I don't know what I would do without this girl. She makes life
much more entertaining!! |
 |
| Love these girls!! |
 |
| Day 2 on the river |
 |
| The whole group. Much smaller than our group of 60 last year |
 |
| Family |
No comments:
Post a Comment