Thursday, March 1, 2012

My New Calling

I'm so excited for my new calling! I just got a new calling at church, on top of my other calling, that I never thought I'd get until I was married and out of the Singles Ward, but I guess I was wrong.

My Bishop called me on last week and asked me if my schedule would permit me to be an Mia Maid (girls between the age of 14 and 15) Advisor in a different Ward.  I was shocked and excited all at the same time.  He told me that I wouldn't have to attend their church meetings on Sunday, but I would need to be at their activities on Wednesdays, attend presidency meetings, and if they go on any camp outs or weekend outings, I would also attend those as well.

This past Wednesday I was able to meet the girls that I'll be an advisor over and I couldn't believe how fast I already fell in love with these girls.  I'm so excited to get to know each and every girl more.

1 comment:

Hoskins Family said...

Seriously, what lucky girls to have you as an Adviser! I wish you were here for Hannah!! Have fun, YM is my most favorite calling:)