Monday, January 7, 2013

What To Do?

***Sorry this post is kind of all over the place.  It's almost 1am and my mind is about as full as it can be.

My mind lately has been nonstop.  I don't know if its 30 hitting me, the New Year, or something else, but my mind has been going a million miles a minute.

When I was younger I had my whole life planned out.  After HS I was going to go to school to get degree in Special Education and minor in Photography, I was going to marry my best friend by the time I was 22, we would enjoy each other and get settled for a year and then start having kids, we'd have four kids by the time I was 30 or 31, I would be a stay at home mom and maybe do photography on the side, and we'd live happily ever after.  My HS friends and I would talk about this, and they always said "Lindsay is going to be the first married."  They are all now married with kids.  We'll as we all can see, my plan and the plan that my life was actually supposed to take are completely different.  Very different!

I've had a lot of conversations with people lately about dating, not dating, meeting new people, marriage, etc.  A lot of the conversations have been how we don't date, how we're not sure how to meet new people and how we're all ready for the next step in our lives. 


I have been very lucky and have had amazing Bishoprics in my life the last couple of years. I've been really close with my two Bishops previously in Utah and I am now close to my current Bishop.  My current Bishopric is also amazing and they truly care about us and our well being.  After church today, one of the members of the Bishopric came to talk to me just to see how I was doing.  He always asks if I have interest in anyone, if I'm dating, etc.  I told him today that its been on my mind a lot lately, but nothing has changed and that I'm not dating.  I told him my concerns with how I feel like I've hit a wall with meeting people.  He asked me if I was attending all the activities and if I had tried online dating.  My answer to both questions was yes.  He then asked me if I saw any potential in the Ward or planned on marrying someone a lot younger than me (most of the guys in my Ward, as of this week are a lot younger than I am.  The other guys my age are now in the Midsingles Ward).  My answer to both of those were no. He then told me that maybe the YSA Ward wasn't the place for me and to maybe look into either the Midsingles Ward or my family Ward. He said I need to put myself out there and meet new people.  His response honestly shocked me!  I never thought I'd be thinking about that until I was 31. 

After my conversation with the Bishopric member today, it really got me thinking about other Wards. Meeting new people and how to meet them has been one of the top things on my mind.  I have been trying to come up with different ways to put myself out there and also for my friends to meet other people as well.  I then told a few girls that we were going to plan parties at least once a month and invite anyone and everyone in the area to get to know more people. I don't know what else to do in my life, but I am determined to meet people, date and hopefully one day, sooner than later, get married for Time and All Eternity! Party #1 has been planned and so far 95 people have been invited.  Now what to do about what Ward to go to??

1 comment:

shanan said...

Oh Lindsay, my Lindsay! I wish I could just grab you, squish you, and make all your worries go away! Well - actually - I think I'd like it even better if you grabbed me, squished me, and made all MY worries go away!! ha

I say - first, listen to the advice of your Bishop and second, do everything in your power to be 'at the right place, at the right time.' Having parties is a brilliant idea!

Or ... if all else fails ... move out here and be my live-in Nanny!! :-)