Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hill or Mountain?

I've been training a lot for this mud run. I recently started getting shin splints on my runs so I have started swimming to make sure I at least am doing something to keep my heart rate up until I can start running again. I ran a 10k last Saturday and felt fine, but then Monday, on my shorter run is when the shin splints started. They are no fun at all!!! I now understand the pain people are talking about and why they don't run! Of course this had to happen 2 weeks before the race!! Today as I was thinking about the race I decided to look up a map of the course and I think people "forgot" to inform me about the hill! I heard about the hill last week from someone, but I didn't realize how intense it was. I'm thinking they should have said mountain instead of hill! :) I hope these shin splints stop soon so I can train more for that dang "hill" before the race!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

i'm telling you....it was the "never ending hill" or "mountain of death" lol BUT the downhill afterward is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rewarding it's all super steep and goes forever, you get to run so fast, your momentum gets going, it's nice. good luck, i can't wait to hear about it!

Lindsay said...

CRAP! I'm going to die! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, is that a hill? Either they've changed the course or the map doesn't show that you actually wade/swim across the lake too!!!