This past weekend was the Camp Pendleton Mud Run that I've been talking about lately. I had TON of fun and cant wait to do it again next year! BUT, I was not saying that at all during the race. Around mile 3 I got the worse side ache I've ever had in my life. I couldn't believe that I was getting it the day of the race because I've never gotten them before. Of course I got the side ache right before the worst and steepest part of the race. At that point I was wondering what I had gotten myself into. I was telling myself I would NEVER do another 10k again, especially the Mud Run. After walking and stretching I finally got rid of it and enjoyed the race so much more after that!! The obstacles were for sure the best part of the whole race. I had to run through sand, water, climb walls, go through mud pits, swim through a lake, crawl through tunnels, get on my hands and knees for a steep slippery hill, and then crawl through the last mud pit. I can't wait to do it again next year, but next year I will do a lot more hill training! They weren't kidding when they said steep hill!!! :) Thursday, June 11, 2009
Camp Pendleton Mud Run
This past weekend was the Camp Pendleton Mud Run that I've been talking about lately. I had TON of fun and cant wait to do it again next year! BUT, I was not saying that at all during the race. Around mile 3 I got the worse side ache I've ever had in my life. I couldn't believe that I was getting it the day of the race because I've never gotten them before. Of course I got the side ache right before the worst and steepest part of the race. At that point I was wondering what I had gotten myself into. I was telling myself I would NEVER do another 10k again, especially the Mud Run. After walking and stretching I finally got rid of it and enjoyed the race so much more after that!! The obstacles were for sure the best part of the whole race. I had to run through sand, water, climb walls, go through mud pits, swim through a lake, crawl through tunnels, get on my hands and knees for a steep slippery hill, and then crawl through the last mud pit. I can't wait to do it again next year, but next year I will do a lot more hill training! They weren't kidding when they said steep hill!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Everyone who did the Mud Run
My cheering squad :) Thanks girls!!
The fam after the race
Everyone after the race
1 comment:
congratulations. maybe i'll see you at the next one, glad you loved it!
Post a Comment