Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sub for Santa

Every year my Ward does an auction about a month before Christmas. With the money raised, we go buy families that are struggling Christmas gifts. Last year we had a lot of people donate (hair cuts, massages, O tickets in Vegas, ski lessons, snowboard lessons, swim lessons, dinners, desserts, etc) and participate in the auction. Because of the generosity of everyone were able to buy 5 families presents. The family that I was able to buy and take gifts to had 3 little kids. We got to spend a little over $100 on each kid and then wrap and deliver the gifts the next week. I can't even tell you how much I loved seeing the faces of the family when we showed up with 6 of us carrying presents to their house.
This year my Ward is struggling to get people to donate. If anyone has something that they would be willing to donate please let me know! The auction is this coming Monday (11/16), so I would need to have all donations before then. Thank you so much, in advance, to anyone who is able to help!

2 comments:

Ashlee Garn said...

How did the auction end up going?

Lindsay said...

So much better than I thought it would. We ended up making around $2,000.