Sunday, November 8, 2009

Who Knew I Could Be OCD

My condo, in my opinion, had been a mess for a while and I was so embarrassed to have people come over. My parents came into town and I didn't even want them to come over and see my place because, once again, I was so embarrassed. The mess wasn't mine so I kept telling myself I wasn't going to clean it up. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and I cleaned the condo. Both of my roommates were gone one weekend and I was home alone so I spent hours getting the place back to how I like it. I sent out a text to both of my roommates asking them to help keep it clean because I had spent a long time on the place. I don't think they appreciated my text, but I cleaned their mess and I didn't want to do it again. Because its finally clean again and because of the time I spent on the condo, I've totally become OCD about the place!! If there is a dish in the sink that I see, I put it in the dishwasher. If the counter looks like there's a spot on it, I clean it. If there is something left out, I put it away. If a pillow is on the floor, I put it on the couch.
When I got home yesterday one of my roommates had come home and her shoes and clothes were on the floor and some of her stuff was on the bar. I couldn't handle it. I picked up her stuff and put them in her room. Before I go to bed or after people leave my house (which is almost on a daily occurrence, since our place is the party/meeting place) I get things picked back up. I have NEVER been OCD about anything....especially cleanliness. I like to have the rooms that people see when they walk in looking decent, but never to the point of where I am now. I guess my OCD is keeping the condo clean right now though, so that's all that matters! YAY for a clean condo!!!

3 comments:

Ba and Scott said...

I know that it is hard to live with roomates. Eventually though they will fight back or you will go crazy. . . i tell you this as a friend : )

Nunnally Family said...

You, OCD? Crazy! :)

Hoskins Family said...

Love it! I remember what your room looked like as a teen! It is hard when the mess is not your own!

Had lunch at Pancho's twice last week with your Mom...I told her I miss your smile!