I DID IT!!! I honestly thought this weekend was going to be the death of me, and it wasn't! :) I cannot even begin to explain how much fun I had running this relay! I had so much fun, that I'm already planning on running it again next year!! I think having a fun team really helps, and I had an AWESOME team!! I didn't get to know anyone in Van 2 really well, but I loved getting to know everyone in Van 1! My favorite leg, by far, was my 1:30 am run! I didn't think I'd enjoy that leg very much because of the time, but I was so pumped up for that run! The weather was perfect and I had my team cheering me on the whole way. We didn't finish the race in the time we were planning, but we still did pretty good. After 28 hours and 8 minutes of non-stop running, we crossed the finish line! Way to go Belly Whackers!!
 |
| Van 1 before heading off to the starting line |
 |
| The back of our team shirts. The saying seemed to be a hit with everyone that read it! |
 |
| Getting ready to start my first leg, which was 5.1 miles |
 |
| Thank goodness for that super soaker!! 5 miles in the heat of the day SUCKED! |
 |
| We didn't get any pictures of our night runs, so we took a picture together after we had finished |
 |
| I got to see the Phat Asphalt team more than I thought I would. I loved it! |
 |
| So pumped and having so much fun on my last leg, which was 3.8 miles downhill |
 |
| About to pass 2 roadkill! |
 |
| The Belly Whackers about to cross the finish line. Way to go team! |
 |
| In front of the Ragnar van with our hardware |
2 comments:
You are awesome! Congratulations!!
Way to go, Lindsay! What an accomplishment! You're amazing with all the different races you do. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment