Monday, June 20, 2011

Religion

Religion has been a big topic of conversation in my life lately. I've had several conversations with my co-workers, friends and family. Religion has been on my mind a lot this past week because of questions that I've gotten at work and also because of my dating life...or lack there of.  :) I started getting more and more questions from my co-workers when I was going through the temple for the first time and I have recently had a talk with someone about what I really believe in.  Do I believe in God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit?  Do I believe they are one being or three separate beings?  Why are we on this earth? Why do I go to church?  Have I ever struggled with the standards that I'm supposed to uphold and keep?
As I've had the opportunities to talk to my co-workers and friends about all these questions, I feel like it has strengthened my beliefs and faith, which I'm very grateful for!  Through all of this though, I have also been tested.  I had a very hard week last week and feel like Satan was REALLY working me.  I have NEVER struggled as much as I did that week before and it scared me.  I was able to go to the Temple and its amazing how as soon as I walked in the door, everything that I had been struggling with was gone.  My testimony for the temple grew even more that day.  As much as I struggled and cried and had a hard time, I'm grateful for my experience and the lesson I learned from it!

No comments: