Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mountain Biking Adventure

Tonight I tried something new and really had a great time! My cousin Doug and I went mountain biking up Sundance today and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I was thinking, 'Ride up the ski lift and bike down the mountain..How hard can that be?' Boy was I in for a shock!! We started down a VERY rocky hill and I was sliding everywhere! I almost ate it several times in about 50 feet. I didn't though, so I was very happy!! At this point I wasn't sure how I was feeling about mountain biking and couldn't understand why this was fun. As we got going and got past the rocky part I was really starting to love the adventure. Don't worry though, we were only riding about 15 minutes before I biffed it :) I went around a corner, went off the trail and when I was trying to get back on the trail the terrain was really loose and I fell. I don't know why it was so funny to me, but it was, and I could not stop laughing. My cousin heard me yell and came rushing back to me to see if I was ok, and I couldn't stop laughing to answer him. :) We probably went about 20 more minutes before I basically biffed it again. This was not my ride! Ok I really cant say much because it was my first ride ever, but out of all the rides today this one was for sure not it! After the first ride I was talking to my friend Curtis who gave me some excellent tips. On the second ride down I made sure to do what he told me and the ride went so much better! I went faster, rode better and didn't fall once! Thanks Curtis! :) Doug and I really had a great time and I'm really glad that he introduced me to mountain biking. We had so much fun that we might even go again this weekend :) Anyone else want to join us?

3 comments:

Wa said...

I looked at your pics of this bike ride on myspace and thought what a rocky trail- I'm not surprised you biffed it! Hope you weren't hurt too terribly bad - you've lost all your padding so be careful. You need to email me on myspace and talk to me about the time!!!

Rebecca Whitcomb North said...

That looks scary and fun at the same time! I like to go biking, but I've never tried biking in the mountains before, and I don't know if I'm brave enough to try it. But it looks like you had a fun time. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!!! Soooo, should Jared hook you up with some pro gear? Don't let him know you are getting into this, or the next time you are done, he might take you onto some of HIS trails!! Looks like you had a blast. The first time on a trail is always the worst, because you never know what to expect. Just do me a favor and don't end up getting air-lifted like Jared did!!