Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nothing like being home!

I can't thank my parents enough for my plane ticket home for my birthday. This was probably the most laid back trip I've had home in a long time. I really didn't see anyone while I was home because we did a lot of stuff as a family, which I loved!
When I got in on Thursday night, I went straight to Balboa to go on a Harbor cruise with my dads singles ward and one other singles ward from Huntington Beach. It was so much having my mom and dad and both of my brothers there! The night was full of good food, dancing, karaoke, hanging out, and the harbor lights. I'm so glad I was able to make it down for this!

On Friday, me, mom and Kelly got to play Santa's Helpers! Dad buys all the kids of the employees Christmas presents for the Christmas party. How nice is he?!! First, before going to pick up the gifts, we of course had to get a little pampering in! :) Nothing beats California pedicures...especially at Tracy's! They give you a 10 minute massage and they are WONDERFUL!!! We also had to make an In-N-Out stop for lunch, because a trip home just wouldn't be complete without an In-N-Out stop!
Friday night I was lucky enough to go to the Ward's Company Christmas Party. It was fun being with everyone that works for dad! Many of them have work for dad for years and I have gotten to know them pretty well. He has a really fun bunch of employees!!!
Saturday was swap meet day. Mom and I got new toe rings, which were needed since both of ours had broken sometime in the past few months. I've had my toe rings on since HS, so I guess it was time for new ones. I only go to one guy to get my toe rings. He is the most odd and bizarre man I have ever met in my life, but he "fits" the toe rings to your toes and gives you a foot massage before he puts on the rings. See what a good job he does?! Anyone think its weird that I'm posting a picture of my feet?!? I kind of do, but oh well LOL :)
Sunday was Ronnie Manuma's farewell that I was able to go to. I was able to see people who I haven't seen in months and even years! It was so awesome being able to catch up with everyone! I wish I had gotten more pictures from that day! Sunday was filled with lots of mixed emotions. I was very happy because of a few things that were said to me and seeing everyone, but so sad to be leaving all of the friends and family. I can't wait to be back there in about a week :)

2 comments:

Shanan said...

Oh man, I only had one experience with Mr. Toe Ring Guy - but I will never forget it! ;) ha

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY!!!!!
I'm so glad you got to go home for you birthday.And your toes look terrific!! I'll have to talk to Shani about the toe ring guy!
love DeEtte