Katie and Stephanie picked me up from the airport on Wednesday night and we went and visited my sister, my grandparents and some friends. After a fun night of seeing TONS of people that I
haven't seen in years, Katie, Stephanie and I had a slumber party in my parents guest bedroom. My dad had to wake us up the next morning and couldn't believe that 3 of us shared one bed. We were all hyped up, as you can tell by the picture, so it took a while for us to actually fall asleep. I REALLY needed my sleep because the night before I had only gotten about an hour and a half of sleep and the next morning I was running the Dana Point Turkey Trot 5k. I didn't get as much sleep as I wanted, but was still able to finish the 5k. Thank goodness!! I was worried about how I was going to do since I didn't train at all and I have never in my life ran more than 1.5 miles without stopping. I've never really had the desire and I'm not much of a runner, but thanks to dad and Stephen, who I ran with, I finished the race without stopping! During the run Stephen found out that I hadn't trained at all and I've never run a 5k before and he looked over at me and questioned why I was running. LOL! At mile 2.5 I was starting to question myself to :) I can't wait for to see the pictures from the race!
haven't seen in years, Katie, Stephanie and I had a slumber party in my parents guest bedroom. My dad had to wake us up the next morning and couldn't believe that 3 of us shared one bed. We were all hyped up, as you can tell by the picture, so it took a while for us to actually fall asleep. I REALLY needed my sleep because the night before I had only gotten about an hour and a half of sleep and the next morning I was running the Dana Point Turkey Trot 5k. I didn't get as much sleep as I wanted, but was still able to finish the 5k. Thank goodness!! I was worried about how I was going to do since I didn't train at all and I have never in my life ran more than 1.5 miles without stopping. I've never really had the desire and I'm not much of a runner, but thanks to dad and Stephen, who I ran with, I finished the race without stopping! During the run Stephen found out that I hadn't trained at all and I've never run a 5k before and he looked over at me and questioned why I was running. LOL! At mile 2.5 I was starting to question myself to :) I can't wait for to see the pictures from the race! The rest of Thanksgiving day was lots of fun and very relaxing. I even got in 2 naps on Thanksgiving. There's nothing better than that! :)
The day after Thanksgiving most of the family went up to Olvera Street in LA, to go get the best
taquitos EVER! If you haven't been to Olvera Street to have their taquitos, you need to!! They seriously are the best around and its totally worth the drive to LA!! It was fun spending time with Grandma Ward also!! We had a lot of fun with her this weekend! She was constantly making me laugh!
taquitos EVER! If you haven't been to Olvera Street to have their taquitos, you need to!! They seriously are the best around and its totally worth the drive to LA!! It was fun spending time with Grandma Ward also!! We had a lot of fun with her this weekend! She was constantly making me laugh! This trip was also my first experience to Rosecoe's Chicken and Waffles. Roscoe's has been in Long Beach since I graduated from HS and I have never been there before. I know, chicken and waffles sounds really weird, but it was surprisingly very good. Their waffles were amazing!! Justin wanted to know what they put in them, because they are so good and you just cant get enough. 

I'm so glad that I was able to go home for Thanksgiving!! There really is nothing like being home and spending time with the family! I had so much fun that moving home is looking better and better. I love that my parents are now in Huntington Beach! It's a whole new world out there and I love it! I also love dad's singles ward! They are a lot of fun and make me feel so welcome! I guess we'll have to see what happens ;)
4 comments:
Move home!!! Move home!!! Then maybe I would finally get to see you again!!!
Don't move home! Stay here! Lets get together soon.
Don't move home - come to Arizona! :) LOL You are wanted everywhere Lins!
Roscoes is one of my favorite places in downtown Long Beach. How I miss it. I think you should move home because we are. Ha. I am glad that you had a great time. I am planning on starting to do training so I can eventually run a 5K- great job in finishing!
Post a Comment