Monday, December 22, 2008

Reunion Day #1

Today was AWESOME! It was the first official day of the family reunion. The day started off with all of the Bob and Diane kids and spouses going out to breakfast and a few of us watching over 30 kids :) When the adults got back from breakfast we did 2 pinatas. I couldn't believe how well the pinatas were keeping together with all of the hard hits they were taking

After the pinata we did the cousins gift exchange. We did youngest to oldest and there are about 30 grandchildren and I am the oldest! It was well worth the wait though. Thank you Claire for my gift certificate to Nordstrom. I think Justin got the best gift of the day though. It was HILARIOUS! Nolan had Justin and this shirt says it all....

After the cousins gift exchange we had some free time to eat lunch and hang out. The next thing of the day were the competitions. If you don't know my family, we are VERY competitive. I try to not let mine come out very often, but it does tend to sneak out! My dad, Uncles and Aunts are so competitive its pretty funny to watch! They always come up with the most ridiculous competitions you've ever heard of, but they are sure funny to watch! Todays competitions started out with an egg walk. We only had a few eggs we had to clean up after, which I was really surprised about! I thought there were going to be a ton!

After the egg walk was the dirty diaper competition. You had to find the gum in the diaper and the first one to blow a bubble won. I totally should have won, but my bubble kept popping :)

Next was the finding the gummy worms in the cool whip. These were all so funny to watch!! The kids really got into them also, which was hilarious!
So after those you would think we were done with the competitions...but nope, there are still two more! After this one we did a water competition. In 2 minutes we were seeing who could fill up a 2 liter bottle the most. People had to lie on the floor with the bottle on their forehead and needless to say, they came out of this one a little wet.
The next competition was probably one of the funniest. All of these were pretty funny, but I think this one wins. People had to put shaving cream on their face and their teammates threw Cheetos at their faces...yes ONLY my family...and whoever had the most Cheetos stuck to their face one. I couldn't stop laughing, especially when Mady got one stuck up her nose. Someone couldn't have done that if they had really tried.

After the many competitions we had a great dinner and played soccer and basketball around the gym. Then it was time for FHE. My uncle had sent around some questions a few days before the family reunion that we had to fill out and sent back to him. With those questions we played Family Feud tonight. It was family against family and some of the answers that the kids put were pretty funny! I'm so excited for day 2 of the reunion!

3 comments:

Shanan said...

You guys are hilarious! I'm cracking up just looking at the pictures. I'm sure your stomach got a good work out after laughing so much! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm loving that picture of Kathy. Your family always provides some good laughs, you can never be serious around them!

Boons said...

Hey Lindsay! Looks like you are having lots of fun with all your family! Love the picture of everyone. I haven't seen most of them for a while now! Anyway, glad you are enjoying your vacation! Have a great Christmas! ~Karey