Friday, May 8, 2009

Training

People keep asking me what I'm training for and why the heck I'm working out twice a day, so I thought I'd answer some questions :) On June 6th I'll be in California for my first 10k. Its not your normal 10k though, its called the Camp Pendleton Mud Run. I'm going to be running through lots of mud and obstacles, which sounds like a lot of fun to me! I know, the things I think are fun are probably no where close to what other people think are fun. My dad has done this run for years, my sister has done it twice (I think) and I have friends that have also done it. They all have come back and told me how much fun they had, so this year I'm joining in on the fun. Below are a few pictures of people doing the Mud Run, just to give you an idea of what I'll be doing! Cant wait!

2 comments:

shanan said...

that will be such an experience! have fun rolling around in the mud ... and getting your exercise at the same time!

Jessica said...

oh my gosh! i just got a "butt clentcher"-lil phrase from my friend, ya know when you get so excited you squeeze your butt cheeks lol ANYWAY when i read your post i got that excited, i did the mud run last year, the one in october though-not nearly as hot as june! it was seriously one of the best experiences of my life! RUnning 6.2miles never felt so short-okay it didn't feel short, but shorter than running it by yourself at the gym or on a regular street course. You have all these other people around you and you get to swim through a lake, run up a "never ending hill" i really started to think it wouldn't(the downhill afterward makes it SOOO worth it) then climb up this slippery mud hill and over wall-which happen to be stocked with cute men in uniform to lend a knee to stand on if need be ;) and just when you get tired again there is some other fun obstacle to keep your mind off it, i swear each obstacle didn't make things harder-they just pump up your endorphins, make you more excited and things are easier for a moment! since you family has done this i'm sure you've heard all about it before, so i'll try to stop myself, but you are going to have such a blast! I'm so sad i can't do it this year -pregnant. next year it's on! have fun!