Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Keep on Trekking

As some as you know I've been trying to loose weight for a few months now. The first 17 weeks were pretty easy for me and I couldn't wait to weigh in every week to find out how much more I had lost.  In the first 17 weeks I lost 25 pounds and never felt better!  I was working out every day, going on at least 1 or 2 hikes a week at minimum, training for a 5K (until I did damage to my neck), and I was doing things that I really enjoy that I haven't done in a long time.  It felt AWESOME!!   After that 17 week mark things started getting harder for me in more than one way.  I started traveling for work, I was taking a lot of vacations, I never seemed to be home and eating out became really easy to do because it was fast.  I didn't really gain weight after the 17 weeks, but my weight loss has slowed down significantly.  It is time to get back on track and lose 25 more!!  I was talking to a friend the other day about how things have gotten a little harder for me lately and in talking to her she seriously has become my inspiration and my motivator.  She always has been, from the day that I met her, but this time she struck a cord really hard!!  She has lost a lot of weight and looks FANTASTIC!  She has really motivated me and I can't thank her enough for it!  I just wish we lived closer to each other!!   Another motivator for me, is looking at pictures of myself  in January and then looking at pictures of me now.  The pictures really have been eye openers to me!!  So for those of you that are also trying to loose weight, keep on trekking!!  We can all do it together!!  We can all be each others motivators!!  There's nothing like doing it together!  In my opinion, it makes it so much easier! Here are a few pictures of me in January and then pictures of me recently.  

BEFORE


AFTER




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lindsay I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of you!!! You should be so proud of yourself too! My gosh look at the difference!! You have always been so beautiful and I am so happy that you are happy too! But really, don't get down on yourself. For me it helps when I think about how I felt when I was starting to get more in shape and how excited I was feeling accomplished about eating healthy for a week straight! For me everytime I'm feeling down I always think of how far I have come and how much better I feel because of how far i have come. Shoot those pictures should make you feel AWESOME!!! the will power you have to have girl I commend you! hehe You are awesome Linds and since you did it before you know you can keep on going! you can do iiiiitttt!!! i believe in you and so does everyone else. But seriously though, you look incredible! You ROCK!

Wa said...

Lindsay - you look sooo good! Isn't it fun (in a way) to look at an older picture and then see the change. I know I'm even more motivated after reading your blog right now. Dang- we need to go back to Powell and hang out in our bikinis next time!!!LOL! Keep up the good work - 25 lbs is fantastic. There is a picture of you from Kevin's wedding and I thought DANG...look at her. You really do look great. I'm happy for you

Shanan said...

Linz - you look awesome!!! Keep it up.

Just a Italian Girl said...

You look amazing! Great job on the hard work. I know that you will be able to get back on track. I am also excited to know someone else who blogs! Check out my blog. I just started blogging not long ago. I am glad to see your doing great and going places.

Kayla said...

You look great plus, you always wear such cute clothes! I love your skirt and shirt from the wedding. Way cute!

Erin said...

One word...SEXY Keep it up you look great!

Lisa Johnson said...

I found your blog through Monique's...I was friends with her up in Utah. I am WAY overweight, and you've inspired me to loose some weight! You look AMAZING! I keep thinking I need to lose at least 100 lbs, and that gets me depressed and I feel like there's no way I can do that. But if I just try to lose 25 lbs, that's something I can focus on doing, and your before and after pics look INCREDIBLE! Thanks for the inspiration.