Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Archaeologist for 2 days
Some of you may know what I do for work and I'm sure many of you don't. I am a program coordinator for an Environmental Consultant company, meaning I work with archaeologists, biologists, palaeontologists, ornithologists, planners, etc. I am the program coordinator for the whole office, but I work closely with the archaeologists. For the past two days I was able to go out on a survey and be an archaeologist. The survey was a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. Basically on a survey, you walk a straight line and look for archaeological artifacts. We found tons of obsidian, lots of glass from the 1800s and early 1900s and something from WWII. How cool!! It was really awesome that I was able to go out with one of the archaeologists because it made me understand more of what they do and what goes on out in the field. I have been working for this company for 3 years and this was my first time going out on a survey. I have gone out and helped with recording sites that we have found and I've gone out and done a lot of admin stuff, but I have never actually gone on a survey and I really enjoyed it! Maybe since I now have a tiny bit of experience, they will let me go out again! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds like it was so much fun. I got to go on a dig with my Aunt in upstate NY for 2 days when I was 15.
Post a Comment