Monday, February 2, 2009

Snowshoeing

My friend and co-worker, Chelsea, who I love to death, set me up on a blind date this past weekend. She set me up with Matt, who she used to swim and play water polo with. She thought we would have a good time together and be a good match. Me and Matt doubled with Chelsea and her husband Quynn, and for our date we went snowshoeing. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed snowshoeing...and of course my date! Ü We went snowshoeing in American Fork Canyon and the weather was perfect! Actually, it was too perfect!! I was wearing snowboarding pants with long johns underneath and a long sleeved shirt. I hope to do this again and when I do, if the weather is anything like it was on Saturday, I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt and I'm not wearing long johns! Matt wore shorts under his pants and about 1 mile into the 6 mile (round trip) hike, he was in his shorts. I must admit, I was a little jealous! Ü


When we got to mile 3 of the hike we were at the bottom of Silver Lake and to get to the top we had to hike/climb a pretty steep hill. I wish the picture did the hill justice!! If it weren't for our snow shoes, there is no way we would have made it to the top!! We would have been slipping all over the place!! Once on top of Silver Lake, we sat down and had lunch. The view on top of the lake was amazing!! We had a great time hanging out and laughing and then it was time to head back down the mountain. I must admit, that was probably one of the best dates I've been on in a while....Oh wait...that is the only date I've been on in a while Ü Thanks Chelsea, Quynn and Matt for such a great day!

2 comments:

D-H Robinson said...

Will there be a second date???

EvaMarieva said...

That is a great 1st date!