Friday, March 26, 2010

My Competitive Side

I can have a pretty competitive side to me. I don’t like it to come out a lot because I seem to get pretty frustrated when it does come out. I’ve played on the same inner tube water polo team for the past 2 years now. Not once has my really competitive side come out...until last night. Last night it came out in FULL FORCE! I honestly don’t think this side has come out like this since I played water polo in High School. It for sure has shown through, but not like it did last night. The trash talking from me almost started and that VERY RARELY ever happens. My brother, Stephen, even had to calm me down a few times. Usually it’s the other way around with us.

In the first 30 seconds of the game, one of the other players lied to the ref about tipping the ball that Stephen had just shot (they are playing for BYU, so they are under the HONOR code, which they were not following at all. It’s only because I was mad that I pulled the honor code comment LOL) Stephen then called her on her lie and since Stephen called her on her lying the ref gave him a warning. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! The other team was doing things to our team and then we would be the ones to get the call for it (which happened to me and I was NOT happy), the guys (on the other team) would then flirt with the refs to get on their good side; they just did not have good sportsmanship at all! The guy that was guarding me tried to turn everything around on me and say “we’re just having fun,” “it’s just a game,” “don’t take this so serious” yet he was the one playing dirty and he was the one doing things you’re not supposed to do when the ref wasn’t looking. I’m almost glad he made those comments because that just fired me up even more.

The first half of the game we were pretty much neck and neck. After half time, we came back and killed them. I think how ticked we were might have helped us out a little bit. If it didn’t help anyone else, it sure helped me! If I saw ANY opportunity to shoot, I took it. Thank goodness for Chelsea who also plays on offense with me. I think we both only had 1 or 2 missed goals last night. We were on FIRE!! Also, thank goodness to all my friends who were there supporting the team. They found my frustration hilarious so every time I would look up in the stands I would start laughing. Good thing I had them there to calm me down a little bit

Since we won this game, we go on in the tournament. I’m not sure what we’re ranked, but before the tournament started we were 8th out of 100. Let’s hope we go further in the tournament and that my competitiveness and frustration stays under wrap :)

2 comments:

Ashlee Garn said...

Good Gravy that frustrates me just reading it! I hate when people pull that cocky attitude and totally shmooze and lie! I'm glad you won though! "KICK THEIR @$$ SEABASS!!!" (lol, from Dumb & Dumber)

Ashlee Garn said...

P.S. You're Dang Sexy :)