The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love being able to be with the family, hanging out with friends, having BBQs, and watching the firework shows.
When my parents moved out to Huntington Beach we started new 4th of July traditions that I love. We start off the morning with the Surf City 5k. This 5k is always so much fun and not a race I take seriously, at all!! I actually think I get my slowest times on this race because I'm so busy cheering for people I know, taking pictures while I'm running, and just goofing off. That may be why its one of my favorite races and why I look forward to it every year!
![]() |
| A few of us before the start of the race all in our matching shirts |
![]() |
| Taking pictures while running :) |
![]() |
| All of us after the run/walk |
![]() |
| Cool Chicks |
After the 5k we usually ride our bikes to IHOP, but this year we went to a pancake breakfast and then went to the park to let the kids run around and have some fun since they had all been very good while waiting for us to run our race.
![]() |
| Enjoying our pancakes |
![]() |
| I love this picture! |
![]() |
| I love that me and my sis are so close! |
After hanging out at the park for a while it was parade time. Every year HB puts on the largest parade West of the Mississippi. The parade is a few hours, which we don't last for, so then it was beach time!!! I had a lot of fun spending hours with the fam and then I was able to ride down a few towers and spend some time on the beach with my friends.
![]() |
| I can't believe she's leaving for college soon |
![]() |
| Brandon was loving the sand...and eating it too |
![]() |
| Aubrey can dig for hours, and that's what she did |
After the beach it was time to relax, have some quality time with the fam and then it was time for fireworks. Huntington Beach is PACKED during the 4th so we walked down to the beach to watch the 30 minute fireworks show. I had such a great day spending time with my family!! I love the 4th and can't wait for next year!
![]() |
| Mady and her bff Kiersten |
![]() |
| Lisa (who was my YW Pres when I was a Laurel) and Mady |
![]() |
| OOOOOOO |
![]() |
| AAAWWWWWWW |
No comments:
Post a Comment