When I was in Utah, Harvey was battling cancer, but always seemed to stay positive. At one point he had become cancer free and then they found 4 tumors on his leg and the battle began again. As much as him and Aunt Sue tried to stay positive I know Aunt Sue was having a hard time. I would call Aunt Sue at least once a week to see how both her and Harvey were doing and I truly loved speaking to her. As the battle continued Harvey had to have his leg amputated due to his cancer to help prolong his life, but again he seemed to stay pretty positive.
I got an email from my dad a few weeks ago telling me of Harvey's condition. The email stated that Uncle Harvey had blood clots in his lungs and stump. He also had cancer tumors in his lungs, liver and a big one around his heart. The doctors had given him hours to a few months to live. As soon as I got that email I told everyone that he just had to hold on for 2 weeks until I got to Utah so that I could go see him for the last time. Well, next time I'm going to say until I get to Utah and I get to see him because Harvey passed away the morning I got to Utah and I wasn't able to see him.
The funeral was this week and everyone in my family was able to be there except me, which I really struggled with. My mom said the funeral was very nice and there were a lot of family there. My mom asked my Aunt Sue how she was doing and her reply on a scale of 1-10 was a negative 5. I really wish I could be up in Utah with my Aunt at this time! Please keep my Aunt Sue in your prayers as she is struggling right now! Harvey was a wonderful, loving, thoughtful, and caring man who is going to be missed greatly!


2 comments:
Lindsay! I am so sorry to hear about the loss! I know how much you truly did love these two as you spoke so highly of them both while you lived here! Your family and Aunt Sue will be in my prayers! Love you Linds!XO
Lindsay, I'm so sorry for the loss your family has gone through. I'm sure that must have been so so difficult to not be there.
Post a Comment