I was so nervous for the swim this morning. I have been training, but I really didn't have as much faith in myself as I probably should have. I kept telling Noelle and Heather not to hate me when I was the last person out of the water. I had to swim around 3 buoys that were kind of placed in a circle, twice. After the first time around the buoys I was feeling great and wondered why I was stressing so much. I got around the first and second buoys for the second time and then started feeling tired and I started stressing. The stressing and the mental games I was playing with myself did not help AT ALL!!! I rolled over on my back, started doing backstroke, and calmed myself down. After a minute on my back, I rolled back over and was fine and was able to finish my part of the race. Its amazing how mental games can take over and you just have to beat them! Like I said before, I thought I was going to be dead last out of the water, but I wasn't!! YAY!! I was in the middle of the pack. The fasted girl swam the mile in 22 minutes and I was about 10 minutes behind her. That is a lot, but considering people were coming out of the water over 20 minutes behind me, it made me feel a little better about my time.
Heather was next to bike. She took Doug's phone with her on her ride and we kept my phone back with us. Both of our phones have GPS's on them, so it was really fun to track Heather to see where she was and how fast she was going. Heather doesn't feel like she did a good job, but I think she did great. We weren't going for time, we were just there for fun and to finish!!
Next, it was Noelle's turn. We were able to see Noelle coming around the hill and watch her for her last mile. It was so fun to cheer her on a little bit and have her run up to us with a big smile on her face! Heather and I joined her at the very end and we were able to finish as a team.
The race was a lot of fun and I'm so glad I was able to have this experience! I couldn't have asked for a better team to do this with! I'm already looking forward to next year, as long as I can get the other two to do it again with me :)
3 comments:
Congrats!!! That is such an accomplishment and it looks like you had fun and a great relay team.
Congratulations Linds!! You did it...middle is a great place to be!
you're my hero. you're awesome. way to go!!!
Post a Comment